Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Myles Surgery Aftermath & Thankful for 3 Pins

This is Myles after his traumatic day in the ER. He went in for surgery @ 4:45 in the evening and was done and back to his room for the night @ 6. Everything went well and three pins were placed in his elbow to help it heal. He kept this heavy cast on and the 3 pins in for 4 weeks. At his 4 week checkup everything had healed fantastic. Below are some pics of after surgery and the day of the removal of the cast and pins.
Here he is resting right after surgery...(Surgery done @ Utah Valley Hospital)

This is before the wrapping came off to reveal the pins.

I am still in amazement of these things

Cute boy showing off cast before it was removed



3 Pins.....Here are 2 of them. It amazes me that medically these 3 pins can be put in our bodies to help us heal and be able to re-gain all our mobility back. I broke my ankle when I was 17 and had 3 screws put in my ankle. Even from that time until now things have changed "medically" dramatically. I am in awe at all the awesome things that are being discovered and used to make things better for healing. Sure glad Myles is doing well and that these 3 pins were able to make the use of his arm back to normal!







1 comment:

  1. Yes it is pretty amazing what they can do now a days glad he is all fixed up and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete